Teens Dream Annual Video Competition Rules
Who can enter?
- You must be 13 to 18 years old
- You can be from anywhere in the world, but the video must be in English
- You may work individually or as a group, but one person must apply and represent on behalf of the group
- Parents and adults can be advisors but shall not have any hands on involvement
- You can submit videos multiple years in a row but if you win, you can’t win twice in a row
- Immediate family of the Teens Dream Video Competition Collaborative organizers are ineligible to submit
How to enter?
Create a short (2 min or less) video that expresses your dream, how it relates to one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals above, and how you hope to see it realized. Your dream must be in one of the following categories:
- Personal – Your dream for yourself and your future, as it relates to one of the goals above
- Community – Your dream for your community, state or country, as it relates to one of the goals above
- Global – Your dream for the world, as it relates to one of the goals above
Videos will be judged based on the following criteria, outlined in the Judging Rubric; creativity, message clarity and relevance, connection to one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, motivation and inspiration, articulation of how the dream can be realized, and production quality. Please review the Judging Rubric for specifics on judging criteria.
The video must be no longer than 2 minutes, and appropriate for viewers who are 10 years or older
Individuals or groups may submit one video for only one category.
Upload your video to YouTube (or whatever works for you) starting Sept 29, 2017 – with a closing deadline of January 5th, 2018.
Video Opening Title: Your video must read “2017 Teens Dream – (a name that highlights your dream, for example “2017 Teens Dream – Global Equality”).
Video Closing Title: Your video should end with a screen shot of at least 8 seconds displaying the following text “Submitted to the 2017 Teens Dream Video Competition at www.teensdream.net”
Click the “Submit Now” button below and fill out the simple submission page — which opens on Sept 29th 2017 — on the website and make sure you read and approve the terms and conditions. Easy!!
Teen and adult judges will review all video submissions and select the top three winning videos from each category (personal, community and global), based on the criteria listed above. The top 9 finalists are winners – three in each of the three categories – and will be featured on the website as the winners and acknowledged accordingly. Each of the winners will receive $100 and be invited to join us for our grand celebration in Washington, DC.
From the top nine winners, the Judges will select a grand prize winner who will receive $500 instead of $100. The nine winners including the grand prize winner will be invited to join our celebration in Washington, DC (in person or Skyped in) where they will be honored and introduced to organizations and contacts who can help them realize their dreams. There will be a limited number of Honorable Mentions who will also be recognized!
Winners will be notified by email by March 15th 2018 with details on their cash prize and any events planned.
Questions? Contact the team at email@example.com.